I am looking foreword to feeling better.
In the beginning, I had planned to record every step our journey to parenthood as I had with our adoption process. However, fatigue and nausea took a stronger hold on my body than I could ever have anticipated. I am just now returning to the activities I enjoy.
12 things I have learned about our pregnancy in the last 12 weeks:
(Not necessarily applicable to anyone else)
- Pregnancy calendars are only a guideline, my body changes at it's own (rapid) pace
- My sciatic nerve is baby's favorite resting place (must be strumming that thing like a guitar string)
- Life as a vegetarian is not easy. This baby sends back meat in any form.
- Everything and everyone has a smell, there are too many perfumes in the world, and most are bad.
- Maternity pants (underbelly) feel different. This is the first time in my life that I have a pair of pants that fit (because there is no fit!)
- I have to visit the bathroom every forty minutes during the day but only four times at night
- Roadtrips are not fun (the handicapped stall is the best one to be sick in, those bars really help)
- Wearing a maternity shirt prompts complete strangers to tell you their birthing horror stories
- My chest grew and my waist waist disappeared in the same week (yikes!)
- Working out become very difficult early on due to a softening of your muscles. They take on a "marshmallow" feeling that goes away in a few weeks. This causes #10.
- Eating outside and upwind of my food helps - fresh air discourages nausea long enough to get a few bites in
- Eating before I am hungry is an absolute priority, once I am sick it takes hours to recover
4 comments:
It only gets better! (:
All that yucky stuff is worth it when you can feel that little dancer inside of you.
Erin, I've been checking your blog constantly, watching that little baby grow day by day. The constant sickness isn't fun - I've been there and I truly sympathize! Thanks for giving us an update.
Dianna, from the Dillon forum
I have been following your blog, and kind of in the same boat. After 4 years of trying to conceive, my dh and I decided to adopt from Vietnam. Just days after mailing our dossier... WHAM! God gave us our miracle and I'm pregnant. We too have haulted the adoption to focus on this joyous occasion first. Isn't God good?
Amy
Sorry to hear about all that sickness (although your top 12 list did make me laugh). Here's hoping most of this sickness passes.
Heather in SC (Rocco's mom)
willisadoptionstory.blogspot.com
Post a Comment